*Sale Schedule is now posted on midwestsale.com, as well as available on the downloadable flyer.
2019 Sale Changes:
• Entry Fee: Entry fees are $30 per head ($90 per pen of three). Entry fee increase is due to rising event cost. Entry fees are non-refundable including for animals sifted from the sale, scratched from the sale, or that for other reasons fail to go through the sale.
• Entry Photos & Video: Online entry system will allow for posting of 2 photos and 1 video of each entry. You can post those at time of entry or log-in at a later date and add those files. Photo and video links will appear with the entry in the online catalog only.
• Registration Papers: If consigning registered animals, please make sure to have your registration papers for entries to turn in at Check-in.
If registration papers are not provided by close of sale, a fee of $20.00 per original registration will be billed or deducted and your consignor check will be held until papers are provided. If registration papers are not received by July 10th, an additional fee of $50 per original registration will be billed or deducted. All consignors with registered animals will have transfer fees deducted on sheep sold. Sale Management will transfer the registration papers to the new owners.
• Show Placing and Sifting: A class list can be found on the back of the entry blank. Classes with over 30 entries will be split by age or weight.
– In breeding stock classes, splits will be made by odd and even lot numbers.
– In wether sire/dam classes, yearling and fall classes will not split, all lamb classes (December – April) will split by weight.
Classes with 15 or more entries have the potential to be partially random drawn. Any unsound, inferior or unacceptable entries in the opinion of the Judge or Sale Classifier or Sifting Designee will be sifted. All decisions by the listed designees are final.
• Weighing Procedures for Wether Sire and Dam (lambs only): All wether sire and dam lambs entered in December through April classes will be required to weigh at designated scale locations and times. Animals must be weighed by the day prior to their breed show. Classes will be split in groups of no more than 30 head by weight for show. Sale order will be set by show results, but will include a column for birth month. Procedure for paperwork and weighing is as follows: 1) Check all paperwork in the FFA Building and receive your paint-brand and showring card. 2) Animals must be paint branded and must have all blankets removed before going though scale. 3) Bring both cards to weigh-in station. Staff will verify paint brand, scrapie tag, ear tag, and record animal weight. 4) Show ring card will be returned to you with weight recorded. 5) Class breaks will be posted before show.
• *FOR BUYERS* Health Papers on Purchases: All animals consigned to the Midwest Sale must be accompanied by official health certificates. After the sale, buyers can obtain health papers on their purchases by coming to the sale check-out area in the FFA building which is located between the Swine and Sheep Barns. Due to new cost for electronic health papers, each buyer outside the state of Missouri will be charged a $5.00 fee at checkout for health paper filing (per buyer, not per animal). At check-out, buyers also receive a list of purchases. Buyers then take the list to the Veterinarians (located in the same room) to receive health papers on their purchases. It is very important that all buyers obtain health papers on their purchases as your respective State Veterinarians receive the sale information.
Plan your Trip to Sedalia, and watch for full entry paperwork in March.
Contact Sale management, Heartland Livestock Services (515) 442-0950 / firstname.lastname@example.org or Bret Oelke, Managing Partner (218) 770-2428 / email@example.com with any questions.