The purpose of the ASBA Production Contest is to award junior members for their outstanding production practices and record keeping abilities. The contest will allow junior members who may not be able to travel to ASBA sanctioned shows to be recognized by the association for their accomplishments with their Southdown sheep projects. This award is available to any American Southdown Breeders Association junior member raising Southdown market lambs or breeding sheep.
- Applicants must be a junior member of the American Southdown Breeders Association.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or under as of January 1st of the year of application.
- There will be three divisions awarded based on the number of sheep owned and records reported:
- Division 1- Juniors with 1-5 head of sheep
- Division 2- Juniors with 5-20 head of sheep
- Division 3- Juniors with 20 or more head of sheep
Find the application here.
- Records reported should be from the current project year. The application may be handwritten or typed.
- Please limit answers to questions to the space provided. The tables where records are reported may be extended, as needed, to complete your project information.
- You may report records on market lambs, breeding sheep or a combination of both. The number of sheep recorded will determine the award division your application will be entered into.
- Applications must be submitted electronically or by mail to the ASBA office by September 1st. Winners will be recognized at the NAILE during the Annual ASBA Social & Meeting.