To foster and promote youth activity and interest in the Southdown breed.
The objectives of the AJSA include but are not limited to:
- Promote Southdown sheep as youth project
- Develop youth leadership skills and future leaders within the breed
- Foster communication with Southdown youth across the county and with the AJSA and the ASBA Board of Directors
- Improve and develop the capabilities of youth in breeding, raising and showing Southdown sheep
Become A Member
The fee to become a member is $10. You can pay by check, money order, or through the online payment form. Recognize there is a $10 service fee required when paying online.
The Southdown breed leads the way for others to follow. It’s juniors are no different. The American Southdown Junior Association (AJSA) allows juniors to share a vital role in the promotion and advancement of the Southdown breed. Members are enthusiastic about helping each other and working together to improve the breed.
Any youth under age 21 years old or younger as of January 1st of the current year is invited to become a member of the AJSA. To become a member, youth must complete the Junior Membership Form and submit this form to the ASBA along with payment of annual dues. Junior dues are to be paid annually to the ASBA to be considered a youth member in good standing. There is no lower age limit but junior members entering in ASBA sponsored junior shows must be physically capable of controlling and showing their own sheep, except in cases of physical disabilities. Junior members have the right to vote in person at American Junior Southdown Association meetings. Junior membership does not give the right to vote at the ASBA Annual Meeting or regularly called meetings of the ASBA.
The priviledges of membership include:
- Register and transfer Southdown sheep
- Receive ASBA publications
- Participate in nationally sponsored ASBA shows and contests
The ASBA fiscal year is October 1 to September 30. Dues paying Junior members may transact business with the ASBA at rates for active members.